This blog has been created to inform the public about the UFO subject. It also contains peripheral phenomena. Created by Aileen Garoutte, previously Director of The UFO Contact Center International.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005


An encounter with Bigfoot and the Star People,
from cassette recordings done by Stan Johnson.

I met Stan and his wife. He took a group of us up where he met the Bigfoot and I heard a scream in the forest that Stan said was a Bigfoot.
I have been asked to put down on tape my experiences with the Big Foot. I am a seventy year old man. I was deer hunting in the mountains when I had my first experience with them.
It was about 3:00 PM. in the afternoon on October 27, 1983. The day was dark and it was pouring down rain. I was sitting on a stand behind some brush watching out across an opening where the deer usually came across, when I had a funny feeling that something was looking at me. Whatever it was I knew it wasn't a deer because I know how deer feel. I'm a good tracker and I figure that I'm a pretty good hunter after all these years.

Finally, I turned and looked at the direction I felt it coming from and I spied a big stump. It looked like there was something on top of the stump.

I got my binoculars and looked at the stump again. There was something on top of the stump! It was leaning over the top of the stump looking right at me. It had its arms crossed over the stump with its chin resting on them. In this position all I could see was the arms, head and shoulders.

I sat there and watched it for a few minutes while it watched me. Finally it turned around and started to walk towards some big cedar trees. Suddenly, the creature walked back leaned over the stump and picked up something besides it. This stump was a bucked-off log, a windfall. The loggers had cut the stump about seven feet high.

Since the creature was just walking back and forth, not paying any attention to me, I decided to get closer. He was about eighty-five yards from me when I got up. I pulled my gun out from under the poncho I was wearing so he could see it. When the creature saw my rifle he threw both arms straight up over his head, palms inward. I remembered then what I had read in the paper years ago, about a guy that was walking down a road with a walking stick when he saw one of the Big Foot creatures. He became scared and threw his hands and stick up over his head. The creature immediately reached down and picked up a stick. The man thought the creature wanted to fight so he threw his stick away -- the creature immediately threw his stick away too. Remembering this I raised my gun in the air where Big Foot could see it and then laid it down on the stump I had been sitting by and showed him I had nothing in my hands.

I then walked down, over a bank about twelve feet high onto a roadbed. I walked down the roadbed to within about thirty-five feet of the creature and squatted down. I didn't go any closer because I figured if he wanted to come closer he would.

While I sat there he made more trips to that stump. I couldn't see, due to some brush screening the area, what he was picking up, and walking over and putting under the bark of the big cedar tree.

I keep thinking of this creature as a man because I think he is as much a man as any of us. He looks very intelligent and has no hair on his face, except around his lower jawline, the corner of his chin and long sideburns that went down to the whiskers on his chin. His nose, upper and lower lips were all human looking with no hair on them.

He had nice-looking features. They resembled human teeth and were not fangs. The creature was about nine-feet tall and weighed approximately four-hundred and fifty to five hundred pounds. It had normal length arms and legs in proportion to its body. The hands were above the knee. The body was covered in long dark brown hair. Since it was approaching winter, I imagined he was beginning to grow a winter coat or maybe the creatures don't shed at all. His hands and fingernails were as normal looking as mine.

He turned around and walked in long springy steps. He didn't really run but he walked kind of fast down over the hill into a canyon and out of sight.

The next day my daughter and I went up there and we found what he had been putting in behind the bark of the tree. He was pulling moss up around the bed of that stump and walking over there and putting it in under the bark of that tree. He took his fingernails or fingers and just hacked across on the bark leaving a mark. He didn't appear to have long fingernails.

We walked over to the stump that I had thought to be about seven and a half feet high as I am six feet tall, but I had to reach up and could barely lay my fingers on the top of the stump. If the stump was eight feet tall and he was standing on the ground right where I was standing, he must have been at least nine feet tall -- at least.

On the cedar tree where he made the mark, I reached with my 243 long barrel deer rifle as high as I could and could just touch the top marks so I would say they were at least ten feet up on the tree. The marks were crosswise on the tree so he didn't just reach up and claw down. He was drawing sideways.

My daughter and I went home and I didn't say anything about it to anyone because I thought people would think I was crazy. I wasn't so sure whether I was or not, but I knew that I had seen something. Now I took all this time to make this tape, because I didn't want it made -- but I thought it's a good thing for my grandchildren and great-grandchildren to have and for them to hear. That's why I'm doing it.

May 27, 1985

I had the opportunity to meet a social scientist who was investigating Big Foot. He was introduced to me in a roundabout way through my friend Dave. Together the three of us walked up the mountain.

After a while we sat down and we began receiving all kinds of "vibes" and feelings that we knew were coming from the creature. There is a distinct vibration that identifies their presence. I had noticed this many times while hunting in this area but did not know it was Big Foot until later. Now it is easy for me to distinguish their presence even when I do not see them. One has to experience this to understand.

We walked on a ways further and then decided to separate. I walked about two hundred yards down towards a canyon to see if I could find any sign of them. I sat down, Indian style, and meditated for a few minutes. Soon I could hear what sounded like a small baby crying. It didn't sound exactly like a human, it sounded odd. I couldn't tell the direction it was coming from so I decided to plug my ears. It was then that I knew that I wasn't hearing those sounds because I had my fingers in both ears. Apparently the sound was coming to me through some kind of mental telepathy. Since I knew nothing about telepathy it confused and upset me.

Going back up the hill I met Dave coming down and asked him if he had heard anything. He said, "Yes, I thought I heard a baby cry." I asked him if he had heard anything else and he said he had heard a growling noise. I told him I had heard that too. Then Bob joined us and said he hadn't heard anything.

I then happened to think, and I said, "I didn't hear that because I had my ears plugged. You are hearing through your ears and I heard it in my mind." Then Bob explained to me that this is the way they talk. They are telepathic.

We decided to move in the direction of the growling noise. We spread out and within minutes I found fresh tracks. We all examined the tracks which measured seventeen and a half inches long and seven inches wide at the widest part. The foot had no bend in the middle and would have been hard to tell left from right if it hadn't been for the big toe. The ball of the foot was about seven inches across and the heel about four inches across. After further study I determined that the Big Foot walked with emphasis on the ball of the foot and hardly any on the heel. This explains the springy walk.

In this area we found an odd feature. We found three mounds of earth about a foot in diameter and six to eight inches high. One mound contained a fifteen inch long metal cable. The soil was not from the area we were in as we dug into them and the earth around them and could notice the difference. So whoever made these mounds had brought dirt from another place. Because of the remoteness of the area we suspected the Big Foot might have built them.

We went back up the mountain and Bob left a block of salt on top of the eight foot stump where I had first encountered the Big Foot. As we were leaving, I told the others that I was going back up in a couple of days to see if the salt was still there.

May 31, 1985

I went back up to where the Big Foot was sighted. The block of salt was gone. Again, it was about 4 o'clock in the afternoon and it was raining. On top of the stump was a character in the shape of a triangle made of small sticks. The sticks were curved like a bow that was pointed. Facing me on the right hand side of the point was a little stick about six inches long crosswise, about one half the way up.

I walked out into the woods. I could see tracks in the earth where it had been raining. The rain had washed them away some but there was enough left to make out where he had walked.

Along the trail were little flecks of salt here and there. In one place under a tree it was dry and I found a big print where the earth had been kicked away. I found a root that had been disturbed and with some digging around found the salt block under some bark. The corners of the block had been eaten away. I decided to leave at this point and to come back in a few days to see what else might have happened.


Post a Comment

<< Home


counter by www.digits.com