This blog has been created to inform the public about the UFO subject. It also contains peripheral phenomena. Created by Aileen Garoutte, previously Director of The UFO Contact Center International.

Sunday, August 05, 2007


The following case has no involvement with MUFON but it is a case that represents the most blatant kind of injustice we have ever encountered. We were given the case in 1988 and at the time of writing this book, we are actively engaged in finding some recourse for the victim. I say victim because that is what he surely was - and is.

The man involved lives in South Carolina. At age 20 he had a UFO experience. His parents both saw the light from it and his mother actually saw the craft as it was leaving. However, since his father was previously in the military he took the young man to a military psychiatrist. He was remanded to the local asylum for a month. Since that time he is forced to take a drug called Prolixin which has created physical problems in his muscular coordination.

The following is an annotated transcript of a telephone conversation we had on February 2, 1988.

A: Aileen, Director, UFOCCI
M: Mark
J: Jim, Associate Director, UFOCCI

A: Mark, I am the Director of the UFO Contact Center International in Seattle, Washington. Bob Gribble (UFO Reporting Center, Seattle, Washington) gave me your name this morning. He said I might like to talk with you because we work with people who have been abducted by UFOs.
M: Yes
A: He said to call you and have you tell me your story because he thought it was really interesting.
M: It was back in 1977.
A: How old were you then?
M: Let's see - I'm thirty now.
A: So that was about 10 years ago. You were twenty.
M: It's been awhile. My life has been a mess since then though.
A: That's what he said. He was telling me what happened - a little bit. We have someone in our group the same thing happened to. They put him in a mental hospital and gave him drugs.
M: I got to go to the clinic in the morning and get an injection.
A: Mark, tell me why they're doing that to you.
M: Well, it started when I went to a doctor - my parents. I talked to my parents about it and they couldn't believe it.
A: Just what happened? Do you mind telling me?
M: It was a physical object. It was definitely something in this dimension. It was real. It was some kind of highly advanced technology. It definitely wasn't swamp gas or anything like that.
A: I don't believe in swamp gas.
M: I ended up out in the yard. My parents live way out in the country kind of away from everybody else. I was in my bedroom. I was looking at this thing through my bedroom window and it was dark - about 2:30 - 3:00 in the morning. It made a real deep humming sound. I heard the humming sound before I looked out the window and I thought - there is a telephone pole in the backyard and it's got a big transformer on it and I thought maybe something had gone wrong with the transformer and it was making the humming sound. So I looked out the window.
A: Mark, Just a second. Would you mind if my Associate Director listened in on this conversation? His name is Jim Van Avery.
M: No, I don't mind. I was just sitting on the corner of my bed looking out the window and I've got kind of a rectangular window... I made like an elliptical rectangle shaped window in my bedroom - and this thing was - I kept hearing this humming. It seemed like it was coming through the ceiling of my room. This real deep hum and through the windows and walls and everything. I could hear it. It got louder and louder so I looked out the window and looked up at the sky. It was a clear night. It was about 2:30 - 3:00 in the morning and I was in there reading, trying to keep quiet beause my father was supposed to get up about 4:00 in the morning to go welding in Atlanta. He's a welder and he was going to go to work in Atlanta, so I didn't want to wake him up. Then I saw this thing and it was kind of - I never could tell what the exact shape of the top of it was because I could never see the top of it. All I could see was the bottom of it and the bottom was covered with just a myriad of all kinds of strange little rectangles. It looked a lot like - you've seen this TV show "Battlestar Galactica?"
A: Uh huh.
M: it's got all these things on it. I knew right when I saw it that it was some kind of highly advanced technology - some type of space craft and I just sat there and looked up at it.
A: So how close were you to it?
M: It was over the top of my bedroom. I am trying to figure out the size of it. I would say you could park - as far as the room and everything inside it - I think you could probably fit three standard vans - you know - a bus, a van - fit 3 vans in the thing. Well the next thing I know - I'm out in the yard watching this thing drift away and I couldn't remember going outside. So I am outside in my underwear and I thought well I better get back in the house before my parents wake up and catch me out here. So I went back in and this thing - it kind of stopped down below the road. I was sitting back in my room and I noticed that I had grass all over my ankles from standing out in the yard or walking out in the yard, or however I got out there. Then there was a bright flash of light at the bottom of this thing and then I remembered being inside it and it never touched the ground. It never did touch the ground. It was over my room during the whole time before I even noticed it. It was over my room.
A: So did you remember being inside of it on your own?
M: Yes. It was really strange because they really had some... I was really fascinated by what - the way they were. I never got to see any beings or robots or nothing. I never saw anyone inside the craft but they didn't want me to see them. I was in this room and it was a small room and it was round or oval shaped and I was on a table. I thought it some kind of a rite at first. I thought, "My God! this is the end of time." Thoughts like that were rambling through my mind. I was able to think.
A: But this is your memories you're thinking of?
M: Yes, the table in this room was - it felt like some kind of hard rubber. I was laying on my back - nothing on but my underwear and I was surrounded by this kind of hazy blue dark blue light. I would try to rocus on some kind of ceiling or wall in this room and my eyes... because ot his light I couldn't focus my eyes on any solid ceiling or wall. The entire room was - the walls and ceilings of this little room was composed out of some kind of glowing mist.
A: But how did you know how big it was then, if you couldn't see the walls?
M: I couldn't see any hard surface like a wall would be, couldn't focus my eyes. The strange thing about this table is it felt like hard rubber underneath my shoulder blades. Like I said I was laying on this table and I didn't recall being put there or any struggle and I wasn't afraid because if I'm in a situation and I'm not feeling any pain - or if I'm not feeling threatened, there's not going to be any fear. So I just wasn't afraid but the strange thing about the surface of this table is after I noticed it seemed to be like hard rubber. I heard kind of like a message, or telepathic type message. Someone just plainly said, "It isn't rubber!" It began to shape itself to the contours of my body. This further hindered me from moving my - I could not move. I was paralyzed, yet I still had my physical sensation of having legs and arms. I just couldn't move. Then this thing came down out of the light from the ceiling, came through this hazy light and it looked like the lid of a casket. A coffin, you know.
A: I know what you mean.
M: This thing had... it just came down and on the inside of it it had what looked like little glass transistors and little electronic parts and this thing came down and it came down almost right on top of me. I thought this thing is going to crush me on this table. They're going to smash me. It's going to squash me like a bug. I just couldn't move. It stopped about nine inches from my face and this little thing came out of the top - of the bottom of this thing and it went and it covered my nose, my upper lip and my forehead. Then there was another device that came out of the same thing. It was like a cup, kind of like half of a set of headphones and It covered my left ear and I thought great! They're going to say something. They are going to tell me what the hell's going on. I felt this kind of like a mechanical feeling in my nose from this device on my forehead in my nose, and I lost my hearing in my left ear.
A: Did you ever get it back?
M: Yes, but I still have a lot of trouble with it... with the left side of my head and my left ear. I went to a dental surgeon to have some wisdom teeth cut out and this guy was not only a dental surgeon but he did plastic surgery. He does nose jobs and ears and face lifts, and all that. He was examining my x-rays of my teeth and was examining my face and jaw. He said, "How long ago did you have the surgery done on your nose? I said, "I've never had any kind of surgery. I've never even had stitches. I don't know what you're talking about." He said, "The interior of your nose has been just masterly done." He said "very excellent surgery has been performed on your nose to get it to..." - the interior - He wanted to know if I had sinus problems as a child and had to have some type of operation on my sinuses or nasal passages. I said no, I didn't. He said well feel of your nose. On the left side of your nose the cartilage is carefully separated into two halves and you've got a concave and a convex side to the membranes separating the nostrils. He said whoever did this, it was very complicated surgery. I told him he was scaring the daylights out of me. He just laughed and I didn't say anything else.
A: But did you remember the surgery talking place at that time?
M: Do mean while I was...
A: While you were there with the doctor - did you remember?
M: Oh sure, but I wasn't going to say anything.
A: You remembered it at that time.
M: Yes. That is what has got me into all the trouble anyway. I told my parents about that night and a couple of days later they told me we are going to take you to a doctor... I said what's wrong. I feel just fine. They wanted me to talk to this army psychiatrist. My father was in the military and I told him about it. I just said, "What the hell, I'll tell this guy and lets see what he thinks," you know. I mean, UFOs aren't anything new. People have seen them for thousands of years all the way back to the Stone Age I guess. So he tells me, he sits there, he says, "Well, ah..." He fold his hands, picks up a pencil and starts tapping the desk with it and then he looks straight at me and says, "Some things can't be explained, but you need help." So I said, "What kind of help do you propose I need?" He says, "I want you to go down to the State Asylum for about a month for surveillance." So they put me away in the nut house and got me on all kinds of drugs and tranquilizers and stuff. All against my will. I was going to try and sue the state and my parents and all this. I was going to - my whole life has just been a big mess since it happened.

More tomorrow on this sad case.

counter by www.digits.com